South America Trip 2014
Collected by Jessica Parker
Getting ready for my whirlwind trip to S. American March 2014! Happy 30th bday to me.
Humaitá, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Open only on Saturdays, this large market has stalls selling lots of fresh fruits and fish for good prices. Everyone who lives in Rio is addicted to açai, the Amazonian berry that’s loaded with antioxidants. The berry doesn’t come from this region...
Rua Paschoal Carlos Magno, 99 - Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20240-290, Brazil
The Santa Teresa district is a tangle of cobblestone streets and crumbling landmarks perched above the city. It’s undergoing a renaissance thanks to anchors such as the restored Hotel Santa Teresa and the working-class eatery Bar do Mineiro. The...
Praia do Arpoador, Avenida Francisco Bhering, s/n - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22080-050, Brazil
Leaving Rio de Janeiro without knowing the Arpoador beach is almost a sin. Between Copacabana and Ipanema, this beach is mostly known for being one of the best surfing spots in Rio de Janeiro. It was also here that I saw how elders look so young....
R. Joaquim Silva, S/N - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20241-110, Brazil
This is a hard to find location, and not obviously mentioned in all the travel books like Sugar Loaf or the beach. However, once you arrived, it's a breath-taking moment! The scale and the color, and the detail of each of the tiles on the stairs...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign