South America to do list
Collected by Sue Manuel, AFAR Local Expert
Junín 1760, 1113 CABA, Argentina
La Recoleta Cemetery is one of the most visited cemeteries in Latin America, mainly because Evita Peron is buried there, among other notable figures. The cemetery is built around a convent and a church, Our Lady of Pilar (Iglesia de Nuestra Señora...
San Miguel, La Paz, Bolivia
Okay, so it's hard to find a bad cup of coffee in Bolivia. But if you're in the San Miguel area of La Paz, you can check out the Roaster Boutique. Not only can you get a cup of coffee and a slice of cheesecake, but you can also sign up for classes...
La Merced III Etapa, Trujillo 13008, Peru
Kusiruna (Chocolate & Cupcake Factory) is a special place in Trujillo (Av. Larco 1023) where people can enjoy the pleasure of eat, smell, see, touch and love chocolates. Truffles, chocolates filled with cheesecake, Cupcakes, Palettes chocolate...
Vía Cincuentenario Centro de Visitantes, Panama City 0823-05096, Panama
Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Stroll along the beachfront sidewalks and you’re likely to run into Edgar Allan Poe, the Pope, and even Santa Claus. Or at least their sandy twins. Talented sand sculptors frequent Rio’s shores, creating celebrity lookalikes, sleeping dragons, and...
Av. Santa Fe 1860, C1124 CABA, Argentina
Buenos Aires is a city of readers—it supports more bookstores per capita than any other place in the world. The crown jewel of the librerías here is the Ateneo Grand Splendid. Housed in a theater where music legends such as Carlos...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map