South America to do list
Collected by Sue Manuel , AFAR Local Expert
Junín 1760, C1113 CABA, Argentina
La Recoleta Cemetery is one of the most visited cemeteries in Latin America, mainly because Evita Peron is buried there, among other notable figures. The cemetery is built around a convent and a church, Our Lady of Pilar (Iglesia de Nuestra Señora...
Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Stroll along the beachfront sidewalks and you’re likely to run into Edgar Allan Poe, the Pope, and even Santa Claus. Or at least their sandy twins. Talented sand sculptors frequent Rio’s shores, creating celebrity lookalikes, sleeping dragons, and...
Av. Santa Fe 1860, C1124 CABA, Argentina
Buenos Aires is a city of readers—it supports more bookstores per capita than any other place in the world. The crown jewel of the librerías here is the Ateneo Grand Splendid. Housed in a theater where music legends such as Carlos...
- 1 Tips + News This Is the Happiest State in the U.S.
- 2 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 3 Air Travel U.S. Customs Is Bringing Preclearance to These Foreign Airports
- 4 Tips + News CDC Issues Coronavirus Holiday Travel Advice
- 5 Tips + News Europe’s New COVID-19 Travel Rules, Explained
More From AFAR
Sponsored by The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel