Collected by Trevor Taylor
El Chaltén, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
The small town of El Chalten in southern Patagonia has been called the trekking capital of the world due to its proximity to Mt. Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre, two of South America’s most rugged peaks. It’s also the jumping-off point to reach Aguas...
Blvd. 9 de Octubre 101, Guayaquil 090313, Ecuador
Comprising four coaches—with interior designs ranging from pre-Hispanic to neoclassical—the Tren Crucero takes four days to mosey from the Pacific coast to Ecuador’s capital in the Andes. An open terrace car provides unbroken views of the Devil’s...
R. Cantareira, 306 - Centro, São Paulo - SP, 01103-200, Brazil
Go to the Mercado Municipal in Sao Paulo for all your gourmet needs. The market has everything from fresh vegetables to homemade candies. I decided to go for a mortadella sandwich from Bar do Mane. The locals seem to have a soft-spot for the...
Av. João Luiz Alves, 378 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22291-090, Brazil
While in Rio you must go to Sugarloaf Mountain. It has beautiful views of the entire city. I went on a day that was misty and cloudy and was a little disappointed that I couldn't see the Christ the Redeemer statue from the mountain, but soon the...
- 1How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years