Collected by Tara Guertin , AFAR Staff
Casa de Fierro, Iquitos, Peru
And from the guy who designed the Eiffle Tower. La Casa de Fierro was designed by the French architect Gustave Eiffel and built in Belgian workshops. A rubber baron bought it at the International Exposition of Paris in and brought in pieces to...
Leticia, Amazonas Department, Colombia
We were told the only way to get out of Leticia and up to central Colombia is to walk into the local airport, wait for a cargo flight to land, track down the pilot and pay him in cash to take you up there on his return flight. There were no...
Perito Moreno, San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina
If you have the time to travel by bus in South America, bring snacks! This is what they served between Buenos Aires and Bariloche. Notice I ate some of it. Didn't touch that brown jelly gook though.
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico