Collected by Danielle Willig
Uyuni Salt Flat, Bolivia
Salar de Uyuni is the world's largest salt flat at 10,582 square kilometers in the southwest portion of Bolivia, near the crest of the Andes and is at an elevation of 3,656 meters. The Salar are a result of transformations between several...
s/n - Sman - Zona Industrial, Brasília - DF, 70635-800, Brazil
An hour outside of Brasilia, we found ourselves surrounded in tough, scrubby land. A friend at a nearby nature reserve took us on a long hike down the path of a waterfall, which pooled in various places and formed a sort of natural waterslide.
Rodovia Br 469, Km 32, s/n Parque Nacional Iguassu, Foz do Iguaçu - PR, 85855-750, Brazil
Ok, here's about a half-dozen reasons why Iguacu is better than Niagara... 1) You're in Brazil. 'Nuff said. 2) A few more steps and you're in Argentina or Paraguay. Way cooler than Canada. 3) It's about ten times bigger. 4) And you can go in it....
Largo do Bonfim, s/n - Bonfim, Salvador - BA, 40415-475, Brazil
The ribbons tied to the gates of the Church of Bonfim (and to wrists of visitors in Salvador) signify the thousands of pilgrims who arrive at this historic site. The ribbons, called "lembrancas," are tied with a prayer or wish in mind. Each color...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local