South america 2015
Collected by eric gertner
Navidad, O'Higgins Region, Chile
During my stay at the new Hotel Surazo, I fell asleep to the sound of the Pacific surf pounding the sand. Located in Matanzas, a village on the sparsely populated, mountainous central Chilean coast, this low-slung, modern surf lodge is about 50...
A jewel of an Art Deco building that's considered a minor landmark on Buenos Aires' architectural landscape, Moreno Hotel is one of the best value sleeps in the city. You get history here, and style - there are 39 stylish suites, outfitted with...
Camino La Granja, 12600 Montevideo, Uruguay
The place is not easy to find as there are no signs directing you to it. I came upon the cheese shop while driving from Montevideo to Colonia. You can sample, buy and take home packed queso/ cheese, honey, wine, dulce de leche & more. The owner,...
Piedras 234, 11000 Montevideo, Uruguay
Bartolomé Mitre 1364 & Sarandí, 11000 Montevideo, Uruguay
The Hotel Palacio, on the edge of Montevideo's old city, is not for those looking for luxury. It is an older hotel and the rooms are basic. It is however a beautiful, albeit tired, throwback to the days of cage elevators crafted from wrought iron...
R. Triunfo, 38 - Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20240-320, Brazil
The Bohemian hilltop neighborhood of Santa Teresa is a perfect remedy for the Rio de Janeiro visitor who needs a break from the sun and fun of the crowded beaches. One of the many colonial gems of Santa Teresa is the Castelinho, or Little Castle,...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter