Collected by Michael Pidhirsky
Tokara Wine Estate, off R310 Helshoogte Road, Banhoek Valley, Stellenbosch, 7600, South Africa
A winery with an enviable view, Tokara is considered one of the best in the region for its cabernets, sauvignon blancs, and premium olive oils. Even more so than its wines, however, people flock to Tokara for its restaurant, led by chef Carolize...
Just off the N2 between Knysna and, Plettenberg Bay, 6600, South Africa
Knysna - South Africa : In a park for orphaned elephants, one of my favorite memories of South Africa was getting to interact with the 'families' of elephants that the park gave home to. The animals were gentile and playful and interacting with...
Tafelberg Rd, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
It's a must-do, but wear comfortable shoes, bring bottles of water, and pack sunscreen. We finished climbing to the top in an hour and a half, thankful that they've made it easy for the non-experienced hikers with a rugged-rock staircase from...
Unnamed Road, Cape Peninsula, Cape Town, South Africa
If you're short on time and it's not too windy, consider sharing a helicopter ride from Cape Town to the Cape of Good Hope. Bring your camera or even a cell phone, sunglasses, sunscreen, and avoid loose clothing. The views are phenomenal, and it's...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December