Collected by Bryan Duncan
Muizenberg, Cape Town, 7945, South Africa
Muizenberg is a fresh air escape. Locaed on Metrorail's Southern Suburbs line, the train journey there cuts through residential suburbs and wetlands. Eventually, you arrive at your destination - the False Bay side of the Cape and the heart of...
Mandela Capture Site, R103, Howick, 3290, South Africa
You may have seen photos of Marco Cianfanelli's sculpture "Release" in photographs, but nothing can prepare you for the interactive experience of visiting the sculpture in real life. First, a walk through the (temporary) museum. Tall printed...
7 D369, Lions River, 3260, South Africa
When you think of the KwaZulu-Natal province in South Africa, you almost certainly associate it with hot weather, sandy beaches, and lush green sugar cane fields. The last activity that will come to mind is wine tasting. That's an activity...
15 Erica Rd, Simon's Town, Simonstown, 7975, South Africa
The Flagship restaurant and guesthouse continues the locavore legacy the late Chef Bruce Robertson pioneered with his restaurant The Boathouse. The home is perched on the hillside in Simon's Town and features 4 en-suite rooms, a communal swimming...
Upon arriving at Tumble Downs, I was immediately struck by the view from the restaurant's front porch. I quickly ordered the special (kingclip, a popular fish in South Africa) and decided to take a walk around the property as I waited for my meal....
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World