Collected by Bill Nelson
Via S. Cesareo, 85, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
The art of marquetry--inlaid wood--is beautifully expressed in this shop that has been in the Gargiulo family for 35 years, following a Sorrento tradition that began in the 19th century. There is everything from elaborate jewelry boxes with velvet...
Corso Italia, 185, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
Piazza Tasso is the hub, the main square, in Sorrento. Grab drinks, dinner, shop, or just wander the streets. This is where you can see the city come to life. Locals zipping through the streets on scooters. Couples in love taking a ride in horse...
Via Marina Grande, 76, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
A Fishermen's Cooperative runs this operation on Sorrento's Marina Grande, serving up simple and delicious preparations of what they caught that day. It was a magical, starry night--sitting at an outside table just steps from the sea, being served...
80067 Sorrento, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Chanteclers Trattoria Via S.M. della Pieta, 38 80067 Sorrento- This place had delicious, traditional, fresh food and friendly service at very inexpensive prices. It is a small family run business. Luigi's grandmother originally bought the building...
Traversa Punta Capo, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
About 2 km outside of the town center of Sorrento, Italy is a natural pool set behind the bluffs that characterize the Amalfi coast. You can only reach it on foot (or Vespa) by turning right off of Via Capo at the sign on a red building that...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village