Collected by Mary Rowe
1415 м. Орехите, Bulgaria
I never thought I'd actually see someone walk across a pile of hot coals--and I'm still not sure if I did. (Doesn't it defy science?) The Bulgarian tradition of nestinarstvo harkens back to a pagan ritual with bagpipes and processions, designed to...
Bulevard "Evlogi i Hristo Georgiev" 99А, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria
I still don't know what drew us to it. Somehow we sensed that there was something good to be found beyond an open courtyard, and we hung around long enough to follow someone around the back of a building, through a doorway, and up some stairs, to...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now