Collected by Kara Kaufmann
A list of places Z and I can head off to with our boards in tow.
Mendoza, Capital Department, Mendoza Province, Argentina
Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do, South Korea
Wonderful family fun at Alpensia, an integrated ski resort about 3.5 hours from Seoul. Good place to learn to ski with a water theme park for alternative fun. Run by Intercontinental Hotels Group, our family of 4 spent 5 nights at the Holiday Inn...
Horní Bečva, 756 57 Prostřední Bečva, Czechia
We could not have imagined a winter wonderland as picturesque as the one in Pustevny. Tucked away in Northeastern Czech Republic’s Beskedy Mountains, we arrived at night by car to this mini ski village of gingerbread houses. We stayed in the cozy...
Stahovica, 1242 Stahovica, Slovenia
Ride the cable car at Velika Planina ski resort to the Zeleni Rob mountain hut, where you can savor a bowl of jota (bean and pickled turnip stew) with a glass of Lasko beer. 386/(0) 5-134-1406. This appeared in the November/December 2012 issue.
Avenida Vitacura 5250 of. 304, Vitacura, Región Metropolitana, Chile
While sitting at dinner one night in Santiago with my brother, it occurred to us that we should try to ski and snowboard the Andes while we were there for a few days. A quick ask at our hostel, and we were set up for the ultimate day trip,...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security