Small Ship Wanders: Asia
Collected by Carrie Finley-Bajak , AFAR Local Expert
Cruising in Asia is full of opportunities to wander around ancient temples, old towns, stunning landscapes, and bustling cities. South Korea, Japan, China, and ports in South East Asia are exotic destinations with plenty of places to entertain, educate, and inspire world travelers.
Lantau Island, Hong Kong
The 112-foot-tall, bronze Tian Tan Buddha statue on Lantau Island is a breath-taking sight. Getting to the Po Lin monastery, where it’s located, via the Ngong Ping 360 cable cars is just as memorable. The 3.5-mile ride in the sky departs from Tung...
341 Cao Đạt, Phường 1, Quận 5, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Whenever I get the urge to complain about my lack of space in the US, I remember the efficiently packed tight way that almost everyone else in the world lives. For instance, SE Asians are the masters of balancing their wares on bicycles. They also...
181 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238896
There are nearly 100 malls in Singapore, the majority of which have become gleaming symbols of the city’s modernity. But what Singapore lacks in knock-off outlets, it makes up for in quality and convenience. Every year between May and July,...
1 Kinkakujichō, Kita-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 603-8361, Japan
- 1 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 2 Cities We Love The World’s 25 Best Cities of 2021
- 3 Natural Wonders Even Volcanologists Are in Awe of Mount Etna’s Latest Eruptions
- 4 Tips + News Does Biden Plan to Implement Domestic Travel Restrictions?
- 5 Cruise These Cruises Are Requiring COVID Vaccinations for All Guests