Small Ship Cruises: The Caribbean
Collected by Carrie Finley-Bajak, AFAR Local Expert
The Caribbean is home to cruising. There are many ports to explore: from the mainstays in Jamaica and the Yucatan Peninsula to emerging hotspots like Cuba. Look forward to meeting friendly people while enjoying plenty of sun, great music and spicy food.
Tolbod Pldn, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas 00802, USVI
The U.S. Virgin Islands and the port town of Charlotte Amalie are the perfect launch pad for island explorations, especially for water sports lovers. Dive, swim, snorkel, or learn about marine life. Charlotte Amalie is a water person's dream come...
Carlisle Bay, Barbados
Carlisle Bay Beach is a beautiful crescent of sand just south of the urban center of Bridgetown. Hotels like the huge Barbados Hilton and the all-inclusive Almond Beach Club & Spa empty their vacationers onto her sand, cruise ship buses add to the...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked