Small Ship Cruises: The Caribbean
Collected by Carrie Finley-Bajak , AFAR Local Expert
The Caribbean is home to cruising. There are many ports to explore: from the mainstays in Jamaica and the Yucatan Peninsula to emerging hotspots like Cuba. Look forward to meeting friendly people while enjoying plenty of sun, great music and spicy food.
Tolbod Pldn, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas 00802, USVI
The U.S. Virgin Islands and the port town of Charlotte Amalie are the perfect launch pad for island explorations, especially for water sports lovers. Dive, swim, snorkel, or learn about marine life. Charlotte Amalie is a water person's dream come...
Carlisle Bay, Barbados
Carlisle Bay Beach is a beautiful crescent of sand just south of the urban center of Bridgetown. Hotels like the huge Barbados Hilton and the all-inclusive Almond Beach Club & Spa empty their vacationers onto her sand, cruise ship buses add to the...
501 Calle Norzagaray, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Old San Juan may look, at first glance, like a few other charming cities built during the height of Spanish colonialism—Havana or Santo Domingo, for example—but what sets it apart is the extent to which its architectural infrastructure...
- 1 Air Travel How Much Do Masks Really Protect You on Flights?
- 2 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 3 Tips + News Costa Rica Opens to All U.S. Travelers—No COVID Test or Quarantine Required
- 4 Trains There’s Now a Direct High-Speed Train From Amsterdam to London
- 5 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You’ll Probably Have to Quarantine as List Hits Record High