Collected by AFAR Explorer
1001 3rd St, Santa Monica, CA 90403, USA
For a beachside pied-à-terre, Palihouse Santa Monica is surprisingly moody and dramatic, with nary a white linen slipcover or seashell detail in sight. Which is, of course, a good thing, because a Nantucket-style seaside aesthetic...
415 Pacific Coast Hwy, Santa Monica, CA 90402, USA
Throughout the 1930s, film star Marion Davies entertained Hollywood’s elite in the 110-room oceanfront mansion built for her by media magnate William Randolph Hearst. Since 2009, the public has been able to enjoy the features of the estate that...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys