Collected by Alicia Wargo
Chef Ana Ros’s parents run this simple but elegant resort that comprises four wood-sided cabins with fireplaces and alpine views. The hills are alive with opportunities for exploring the Soca Valley. Livek 39, Kobarid, 386/(0) 5-384-4620 This...
Robidišče, 5223 Breginj, Slovenia
Become a co-creator of culinary delights. Put an apron on! Pavla will lead us to the mill where we will grind grain into flour (buckwheat, wheat, spelled, corn). You will see, it is quite a tough job. After that we will prepare dough from flour,...
5222 Kobarid, Slovenia
Kobarid is also known as Caporetto, because the town—on the border with Italy—was annexed by the Italians for part of World War I. The brutality of that war has been erased—and scenery like this has survived (you can revisit the war at the museum...
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World