Collected by Alicia Wargo
Chef Ana Ros’s parents run this simple but elegant resort that comprises four wood-sided cabins with fireplaces and alpine views. The hills are alive with opportunities for exploring the Soca Valley. Livek 39, Kobarid, 386/(0) 5-384-4620 This...
Robidišče, 5223 Breginj, Slovenia
Become a co-creator of culinary delights. Put an apron on! Pavla will lead us to the mill where we will grind grain into flour (buckwheat, wheat, spelled, corn). You will see, it is quite a tough job. After that we will prepare dough from flour,...
5222 Kobarid, Slovenia
Kobarid is also known as Caporetto, because the town—on the border with Italy—was annexed by the Italians for part of World War I. The brutality of that war has been erased—and scenery like this has survived (you can revisit the war at the museum...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet