Collected by Kristin Dahl
Krojaska Ulica 6–8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Tucked away on a narrow street along the Ljubljanica River, the Vander Urbani Resort is a five-story, 16-room gem of hip comfort. Most rooms are compact, but decked out with just the right touches such as Moroso chairs and big wooden desks....
Adamič-Lundrovo nabrežje 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
The market is open daily except Sundays. It has a flower market, a fish market and dried fruit on the lower level of the market hall as well as bakery, dairy and meat stalls. The colonnade provides shelter for stalls selling herbs, spices, and...
Grajska planota 1, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Most savvy travelers know to avoid dining at major tourist sites, however the restaurants at Ljubljana Castle are totally legit. After touring the castle I had an early dinner at Gostilna Na Gradu. The warm, straight-from-the-oven bread is itself...
4220 Škofja Loka, Slovenia
Skofja Loka is home to the oldest preserved bridge in Slovenia, 12,000 people and a wonderful medieval center. Mostly, though, it's got a name you'll turn over and over in your head. SHKOfia LOka. Tempted to re-name my daughter, but that's...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind