Collected by Gabrielle Watkins
Ukanc 20, 4265 Bohinjsko jezero, Slovenia
There is nothing like serendipity. It is particularly easy to appreciate in the vast, untouched beauty that is Slovenia. Come for the hiking, skiing, river running, spelunking, biking and stay for the food. And wine, and beer for that matter. We...
5271 Slap, Slovenia
Zmago, the owner and lead winemaker, met us at the top of the hill that leads to his family farm and the headquarters of a small organic Slovene wine label, Guerila. He walked down from the family's house to greet us, a plate of dried fruit,...
Cesta svobode 27, 4260 Bled, Slovenia
Blejski Grad (Bled Castle) provides the perfect backdrop for enjoying a pint of traditional Slovenian beer. Both the food - including the can't miss cream cake - and the view of Lake Bled made this an unforgettable meal at Dax.
Turistično društvo Gorje, Podhom 80, 4247 Zgornje Gorje, Slovenia
There is nothing like the power of water. What it's done along the one mile trail through the Radovna River gorge is an engineering masterpiece. Built on wood scaffolding, the trail winds its way down river, crisscrossing the current in the...
Lake Bled, 4260 Bled, Slovenia
Bled (and the lake by the same moniker) is the most Fairytale-esque town I've ever experienced. The people are almost jarringly friendly by American standards, the island church is as beautiful as it is quaint, and the castle perched on the cliffs...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands