Collected by marla neeson
In what was once the archers' tower at the Ljubljana castle, we had lunch at Strelec Restaurant. It's a gorgeous space with views of Ljubljana below, and the archers' windows have been preserved so diners can imagine what it would have been like...
6222 Štanjel, Slovenia
Osmice, which were once visited only by men from the village and people from surrounding areas, are now becoming a true sociable event for young and old, women and men, children and teenagers. Osmice, the two-houndred-year-old tradition, take...
5220 Tolmin, Slovenia
The Soča River runs along Western Slovenia and following its path made for a beautiful road trip. The river has a deep emerald hue that looks photoshopped in pictures, but is 100% real. Coming from Ljubljana with the goal of arriving in Bled, we...
Prešernov trg 4, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
En route to working in Croatia for a few months a few years ago, I decided to stop and spend a few nights in Ljubljana along the way and I'm forever glad that I did. By chance, I happened to be there both nights of the annual Slovenian Musical...
Grajska planota 1, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
For those of you who have ever wondered what Italy was probably like before the tourists showed up, this is that city. I have been all over Europe, but no city has left such a mark on me as Ljubljana. From the top of the city's castle, one can...
5212 Dobrovo, Slovenia
Goriška Brda, a region characterised by hills, fruit trees, wines and delicious cuisine in western Slovenia, from where you can enjoy views of the sea, the Italian regions of Friuli and Venetia and the Alps, is maintaining and developing its...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna