Collected by Jessica frank
Lake Bled, 4260 Bled, Slovenia
Bled (and the lake by the same moniker) is the most Fairytale-esque town I've ever experienced. The people are almost jarringly friendly by American standards, the island church is as beautiful as it is quaint, and the castle perched on the cliffs...
Metelkova ulica 11, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
The ‘Metelkova City Autonomous Cultural Center‘, in Ljubljana, Slovenia—more commonly known and much easier said ‘Metelkova’— is a composition of seven buildings and outdoor space run by independent leaders of civic engagement, political action...
Lake Bohinj, 4265 Bohinjsko jezero, Slovenia
It's a bit cold, yes - even in August. But the spectacular views and pristine water easily make up for the chilly swimming. We packed our beach towels, bought a few cold beers, and hiked around the lake for awhile until we found a more secluded...
5271 Slap, Slovenia
Zmago, the owner and lead winemaker, met us at the top of the hill that leads to his family farm and the headquarters of a small organic Slovene wine label, Guerila. He walked down from the family's house to greet us, a plate of dried fruit,...
- 1 Travel Tips Surprising Countries Where U.S. Citizens Need an Advance Visa
- 2 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 3 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 4 Expat Life The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 5 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast