Collected by Charles Powell
In what was once the archers' tower at the Ljubljana castle, we had lunch at Strelec Restaurant. It's a gorgeous space with views of Ljubljana below, and the archers' windows have been preserved so diners can imagine what it would have been like...
6330 Piran, Slovenia
Need a break from the snow and mountains? The bright Istrian town of Piran, on the Adriatic Sea, can feel downright Mediterranean if you time your surprisingly short trip right. Just an hour and a half from Slovenia. Tool around Istria while...
4220 Škofja Loka, Slovenia
Skofja Loka is home to the oldest preserved bridge in Slovenia, 12,000 people and a wonderful medieval center. Mostly, though, it's got a name you'll turn over and over in your head. SHKOfia LOka. Tempted to re-name my daughter, but that's...
Lake Bled, 4260 Bled, Slovenia
Bled (and the lake by the same moniker) is the most Fairytale-esque town I've ever experienced. The people are almost jarringly friendly by American standards, the island church is as beautiful as it is quaint, and the castle perched on the cliffs...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local