Collected by Valerie Martin
San Mauro 157, 52462, Momjan, Croatia
The Istrian interior is agrarian and food-focused – the kind of place where the roads are marked "Oil Route" and "Wine Route." So, what better place to stay than at a farm hotel? The Agroturizam San Mauro is run by the Sinkovic family, who have...
Turistično društvo Gorje, Podhom 80, 4247 Zgornje Gorje, Slovenia
Our wonderful host, Luka at the Garni Hotel Berc, told us we shouldn't miss out on the beautiful bridge and boardwalk hike at the nearby Vintgar Gorge- he was right! What a gem. The water was so deep and the most surreal aquamarine I've ever seen....
Cesta svobode 27, 4260 Bled, Slovenia
Blejski Grad (Bled Castle) provides the perfect backdrop for enjoying a pint of traditional Slovenian beer. Both the food - including the can't miss cream cake - and the view of Lake Bled made this an unforgettable meal at Dax.
Lake Bohinj, 4265 Bohinjsko jezero, Slovenia
It's a bit cold, yes - even in August. But the spectacular views and pristine water easily make up for the chilly swimming. We packed our beach towels, bought a few cold beers, and hiked around the lake for awhile until we found a more secluded...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Air Travel TSA PreCheck Members, Get Ready to Start Using Facial Recognition
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December