Collected by Valerie Martin
San Mauro 157, 52462, Momjan, Croatia
The Istrian interior is agrarian and food-focused – the kind of place where the roads are marked "Oil Route" and "Wine Route." So, what better place to stay than at a farm hotel? The Agroturizam San Mauro is run by the Sinkovic family, who have...
Turistično društvo Gorje, Podhom 80, 4247 Zgornje Gorje, Slovenia
Our wonderful host, Luka at the Garni Hotel Berc, told us we shouldn't miss out on the beautiful bridge and boardwalk hike at the nearby Vintgar Gorge- he was right! What a gem. The water was so deep and the most surreal aquamarine I've ever seen....
Cesta svobode 27, 4260 Bled, Slovenia
Blejski Grad (Bled Castle) provides the perfect backdrop for enjoying a pint of traditional Slovenian beer. Both the food - including the can't miss cream cake - and the view of Lake Bled made this an unforgettable meal at Dax.
Lake Bohinj, 4265 Bohinjsko jezero, Slovenia
It's a bit cold, yes - even in August. But the spectacular views and pristine water easily make up for the chilly swimming. We packed our beach towels, bought a few cold beers, and hiked around the lake for awhile until we found a more secluded...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019