Collected by Doran Parsons
Rue du Soleil, 73440 Val Thorens, France
A feeling of exclusivity prevails at Cheval Blanc. The hotel is situated in the mountain garden at the highest altitude of France’s Courchevel ski resort, anchored to the ground by the Dior and Louis Vuitton boutiques at its base. Fur, velvet, and...
Riedweg 156, 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland
This family-run micro-village in Valais offers 36 rooms across six separate chalets. Huddled together on a hill above the popular ski resort of Zermatt, the buildings reference the area’s traditional architecture, from the timber frames to...
Dorfstraße 114, 6450 Sölden, Austria
Run by ski star Sigi Gruner, Bergland Hotel immerses guests in the active lifestyle of the Tirol mountains. The ski lift near the hotel entrance whisks riders to the Solden-Hochsolden ski area, and the in-house equipment shop and ski school tap...
675 Lionshead Pl, Vail, CO 81657, USA
We all have a mental image of upscale European alpine villages from countless spy movies and Vogue fashion shoots. There’s the little café with etched glass and women sipping Alsace with perfect hair and puffy parkas. The men are capable sorts,...
Monte San Virgilio, 39011 Lana BZ, Italy
Let Europe’s second-oldest cable car lift you nearly 5,000 feet to Vigilius Mountain Resort, hidden in the Adige Valley near the Dolomites. Tirolean architect Matteo Thun brought the surrounding landscape into the property by incorporating glass,...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys