Collected by Justin Randolph
Str. Plan de Gralba, 37, 39048 Selva di Val Gardena BZ, Italy
A 2010 renovation transformed a traditional lodge into a 12-room inn that’s both cutting- edge and cozy. Built by the former Olympic skier Gerardo Mussner in 1963, the hotel is now run by Gerardo’s daughters. His wife, Helga, serves South Tirolean...
Via Villa, 3, 39011 Lana BZ, Italy
Let Europe’s second-oldest cable car lift you nearly 5,000 feet to Vigilius Mountain Resort, hidden in the Adige Valley near the Dolomites. Tirolean architect Matteo Thun brought the surrounding landscape into the property by incorporating glass,...
52068 W Fork Rd #38, Dolores, CO 81323, USA
Among the most lauded hotel openings in recent years, Dunton Hot Springs is a glitterati mainstay, with its batch of former mining community cabins that look straight out of a Ralph Lauren catalogue. You don’t have to book a pricey stay at...
Machalí, O'Higgins Region, Chile
A two-and-a-half-hour drive (or 45-minute helicopter ride) from Santiago, Puma Lodge has been a heli-skiing headquarters since it opened in 2011. First Tracks Puma’s guests have exclusive access to nearly 2,000 square miles of terrain in the...
E6 80, 9146 Olderdalen, Norway
Situated on the Lyngen Fjord, this timber lodge is well suited for boat skiing. From March through May, a skipper ferries guests to nearby islands, where they hike up peaks and ski back to the beach. From $4,500 per week. 47/ 4762-7853. This...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos