Collected by L S
Nozawaonsen, Shimotakai District, Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Nozawa Onsen is a traditional Japanese village in the Nagano prefecture. As its name suggests, the town is set on natural mineral springs and that is why there are so many onsen there. These are available for visitors to use and certainly ease...
Japan, 〒381-0401 長野県下高井郡山ノ内町平穏６８４５
I left tropical Southeast Asia for Japan in the dead of winter for one reason - to see snow monkeys. I'd always seen pictures like the one above, of zen macaques in steaming hot springs surrounded by snow, and had no idea how accessible they were...
Japan, 〒380-0841 長野県長野市長野大門町８０
Not ready to call it a night after finishing our kaiseki -- traditional multi-course meal-- at the ryokan we were staying at, we snuggled into a cozy loveseat at the shwanky lounge in the Fujiya hotel. We watched snowflakes flutter outside through...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 4 Travel News Which State You Live in Says a Lot About Where You Like to Travel
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos