Collected by L S
Nozawaonsen, Shimotakai District, Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Nozawa Onsen is a traditional Japanese village in the Nagano prefecture. As its name suggests, the town is set on natural mineral springs and that is why there are so many onsen there. These are available for visitors to use and certainly ease...
Japan, 〒381-0401 長野県下高井郡山ノ内町平穏６８４５
I left tropical Southeast Asia for Japan in the dead of winter for one reason - to see snow monkeys. I'd always seen pictures like the one above, of zen macaques in steaming hot springs surrounded by snow, and had no idea how accessible they were...
Daimoncho-80 Nagano, Nagano Prefecture 380-0841, Japan
Not ready to call it a night after finishing our kaiseki -- traditional multi-course meal-- at the ryokan we were staying at, we snuggled into a cozy loveseat at the shwanky lounge in the Fujiya hotel. We watched snowflakes flutter outside through...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December