Collected by AFAR Traveler
Route de l'Espérance, Grand-Case 97150, St Martin
I was skeptical at first: a good Italian restaurant in Anguilla? But there was no need to be because Dolce VIta is excellent. The chef even challenged me to find better gnocchi in Italy, and I think I'd be hard-pressed to do so. In addition to the...
10 Emerald Merit Rd, Sint Maarten
Known for both its entertainment and its delicious culinary offerings, Beau Beau's is a satisfying stop during a night out in St. Maarten. Located on Dawn Beach, locals and visitors alike come here to dance to Jimmy Buffet with the ocean breeze...
Fort Amsterdam, Sint Maarten
In 1631, Dutch settlers arrived to St. Maarten and claimed the island, building what we now know as Fort Amsterdam between Great Bay and Little Bay. This was a great defensive position, situated at the top of cliffs, connected to the mainland, and...
Simpson Bay Beach, Sint Maarten
This secluded white sand beach is a haven for those looking for a peaceful afternoon. Unlike many of St. Maarten's popular beaches, it's not surrounded by resorts and is somehow not well-known despite its beauty. It's perfect for escaping crowds....
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village