Collected by AFAR Traveler
Grand Case, St Martin
I was skeptical at first: a good Italian restaurant in Anguilla? But there was no need to be because Dolce VIta is excellent. The chef even challenged me to find better gnocchi in Italy, and I think I'd be hard-pressed to do so. In addition to the...
10 Emerald Merit Rd, Sint Maarten
Known for both its entertainment and its delicious culinary offerings, Beau Beau's is a satisfying stop during a night out in St. Maarten. Located on Dawn Beach, locals and visitors alike come here to dance to Jimmy Buffet with the ocean breeze...
Fort Amsterdam, Sint Maarten
In 1631, Dutch settlers arrived to St. Maarten and claimed the island, building what we now know as Fort Amsterdam between Great Bay and Little Bay. This was a great defensive position, situated at the top of cliffs, connected to the mainland, and...
Simpson Bay Beach, Sint Maarten
This secluded white sand beach is a haven for those looking for a peaceful afternoon. Unlike many of St. Maarten's popular beaches, it's not surrounded by resorts and is somehow not well-known despite its beauty. It's perfect for escaping crowds....
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign