Sinop See + Do
Collected by Leeann Murphy, AFAR Local Expert
İncedayı Mahallesi, Okullar Cd. No:2, 57000 Sinop Merkez/Sinop, Turkey
Since antiquity, the Hittites, Romans, Seljuks, Byzantines and Ottomans have all laid claim to Sinop and its surrounds. It’s no surprise then that the Archaeology Museum, displaying discoveries unearthed locally, is a highlight for visitors to the...
Gelincik Mahallesi, Fatih Cd. No:158, 57000 Sinop Merkez/Sinop, Turkey
The Arslan Torun mansion in the town center is a fine example of 19th-century Ottoman civil architecture, and today it houses the local Ethnography Museum. Walk through the rooms of this three-story former abode to see realistic re-creations of...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles