Sinop See + Do
Collected by Leeann Murphy , AFAR Local Expert
İncedayı Mahallesi, Okullar Cd. No:2, 57000 Sinop Merkez/Sinop, Turkey
Since antiquity, the Hittites, Romans, Seljuks, Byzantines and Ottomans have all laid claim to Sinop and its surrounds. It’s no surprise then that the Archaeology Museum, displaying discoveries unearthed locally, is a highlight for visitors to the...
Gelincik Mahallesi, Fatih Cd. No:158, 57000 Sinop Merkez/Sinop, Turkey
The Arslan Torun mansion in the town center is a fine example of 19th-century Ottoman civil architecture, and today it houses the local Ethnography Museum. Walk through the rooms of this three-story former abode to see realistic re-creations of...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum