Sinop See + Do
Collected by Leeann Murphy , AFAR Local Expert
İncedayı Mahallesi, Okullar Cd. No:2, 57000 Sinop Merkez/Sinop, Turkey
Since antiquity, the Hittites, Romans, Seljuks, Byzantines and Ottomans have all laid claim to Sinop and its surrounds. It’s no surprise then that the Archaeology Museum, displaying discoveries unearthed locally, is a highlight for visitors to the...
Gelincik Mahallesi, Fatih Cd. No:158, 57000 Sinop Merkez/Sinop, Turkey
The Arslan Torun mansion in the town center is a fine example of 19th-century Ottoman civil architecture, and today it houses the local Ethnography Museum. Walk through the rooms of this three-story former abode to see realistic re-creations of...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May