Collected by Amanda Croy
3 Muscat St, Singapore 198833
Visit three distinct neighborhoods in central Singapore to get a feel for the cultures that have contributed to the city’s pan-Asian identity. You can start in Chinatown, where the high rises of the central business district give way to foot...
18 Raffles Quay, Singapore 048582
The best fast food in Singapore's central business district can be found at Lau Pa Sat (Raffles Place MRT stop). This 150-year-old former fish, fruit, and veg market was converted into a collection of hawker food stalls in the 1970s. The market,...
River Valley Rd, Singapore 179037
by Cheryl Lu Lien Tan In a warren of narrow streets near Singapore’s Chinatown, a tiny rowhouse’s pink facade signals that offbeat offerings lie within. Stevie General Store is packed with old books, antique watches, eyeglasses, jewelry, and...
18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953
With its domed greenhouses of epic proportions dotted across some 100 hectares (250 acres), the sustainable Gardens by the Bay are educational and fun. The Cloud Forest is a misty, 42-meter-high (138-foot-high) “mountain” that...
- 1TSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer