Collected by Emily Chu, AFAR Local Expert
Petain Rd, Singapore
This row of double-story terrace houses along Petain Road just north of Little India is a wonderful example of the highly ornamented style favored by wealthy Peranakan merchants in the 1920s and '30s. The outside walls and five-foot-wide covered...
9 Lock Rd, Singapore 108937
While visiting Singapore's museums, be sure to get out to the Gillman Barracks for an injection of contemporary art. Serenely housed in 14 pristine blocks, the galleries, cafes, and restaurants offer a menu of both the local and international....
8 Rodyk St, Singapore 238216
Among so many cafes in Singapore, Toby's Estate stands out with its airy, high-ceilinged space along the Singapore River. With wall-facing bar seats as well as a communal table, it's an excellent spot both for working alone and for chilling out...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States