Collected by Leigh Illion
Cambodian shadow-puppet theatre, known as Sbaek, is performed at a number of venues around Siem Reap, however, the best shows are by Cambodian Living Arts at the beautiful 18th century Wat Bo Pagoda. It's said that this medieval art form dates...
Banteay Srei, Cambodia
The 10th century temple of Banteay Srei, known as the 'Citadel of Women', is one of the prettiest temples with intricately detailed carvings and decorative features painstakingly carved into the pink sandstone. It's also one of the most compact...
Pub-Street Area #10, St. 2 Thou, Mondol 1, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
While cute souvenir shops and even haute couture boutiques exemplify the changing face of the retail scene in Siem Reap, the city’s famous Old Market remains a heady hub of traditional trade and commerce. Located right in the heart of town,...
The Ln, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Red walls, Chinese lanterns, lacquer screens, and striking paintings make Miss Wong Siem Reap's most atmospheric bar. Potent cocktails make it my favorite martini-sipping spot. Tucked down a dimly-lit alley parallel to Pub Street know as The Lane,...
Beng Mealea, Cambodia
Arriving at Beng Mealea fulfilled my dreams of becoming Indiana Jones. When I arrived with my Guide there was virtually no one there, and as I explored the crumbling ruins I noticed that local children were playing among the Angkor Style ruins. I...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Air Travel TSA PreCheck Members, Get Ready to Start Using Facial Recognition
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December