Collected by Lianne Bannow
95019 Zafferana Etnea CT, Italy
Sicily’s legendary active volcano rumbles and smokes along the island’s eastern coast, midway between Catania and Taormina. The mountain itself is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and while adventurous visitors can hike Etna’s upper reaches, a ride...
Via Strabone, 2, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
For a satisfying Sicilian snack, order a selection of arancini from this unassuming bakery, just a few minutes’ walk from the Piazza Duomo. These deep-fried rice balls—made with a variety of fillings, including molten cheese, pesto and eggplant—...
Via Naumachia, 3, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
If you’re looking to take home some quintessential Sicilian flavors, stop in at Delizie del Tonno, which specializes in locally made tuna products, such as tuna pate. However, you’ll also find a wealth of local treats at this shop, like Sicilian...
Via di Giovanni, 43, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
Cool down from an afternoon in the Mediterranean sun with fresh and fruity granita served in the traditional Sicilian way alongside pillowy brioche buns. Bam Bar is a local favorite for this sorbetlike treat, offering around two dozen seasonal...
via, Via Ducezio, 1, 96017 Noto SR, Italy
'The best gelato I have ever tasted' - a big statement but true. I've heard that the true test of an artisan gelato maker is their pistachio flavour and Pasticceria Mandolfiore in Noto did not disappoint. With pistachios and almonds from the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind