Collected by Jill Dupre
Palermo, Province of Palermo, Italy
In mid-July, the streets around Palermo's Quattro Canti (Four Corners) fill with vendors preparing babbaluci for the feast of Saint Rosalia, the city's patron saint. Truckloads of these tiny snails are sautéed in massive pans with oil, parsley and...
92100 Agrigento, AG, Italy
It's a full-day excursion from Palermo to visit the Valley of the Temples at Agrigento, but the trip is well worth it. This UNESCO World Heritage Site has no fewer than eight Doric-style Greek temples that date back to the 5th century B.C.E. The...
90133 Palermo, Province of Palermo, Italy
The Palazzo Chiaramonte-Steri, also called Steri Castle, was built in 1307 by Sicily's powerful Chiaramonte family. Manfredi Chiaramonte later added the elaborate Hall of the Barons, whose wooden ceiling is blanketed with murals. Starting in 1601,...
Via della Libertà, 20/B, 90141 Palermo PA, Italy
This long stretch of upscale shops north of Palermo's historic center has been called the Champs-Élysées of Sicily. If you're looking for the best spot to take a stroll while perusing luxury brands and fashion boutiques, the Via della Libertà is...
Mondello, Palermo, Province of Palermo, Italy
The resort town of Mondello, just a short drive from Palermo, is a popular escape for visitors and Sicilians alike. Cerulean waters lap a beach of soft white sand. Visitors staying in nearby villas spend much of their time relaxing on the beach,...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum