Collected by Jenna LaSpina
Via Badia Nuova, 27, 91100 Trapani TP, Italy
The sad truth is that even by the sea, you often cannot find a truly fresh and delicious fish meal. Experiments in nouvelle fish cuisine leave me flat while basic fish fair can be quite bland. This is all true unless you happen to be next to me as...
C/da Torretta, 1129, 91018 Salemi TP, Italy
High in the mountains of Salemi, Siciy I'm at the Azienda Cucchiara, bursting with excitement in a group of breezy middle-aged men.They stand in small circles, comparing notes on Serie A or, in a particularly loud moment, the state of Italian...
Via dei Mille, 4, 95030 San Pietro Clarenza CT, Italy
Sicilian vintner Arianna Occhipinti enrolled in RAGUSA winemaking school at the age of 18. Since then, the 32-year-old has gained notoriety for the natural wines she produces from her vineyards in Vittoria, on the southeastern tip of Sicily. Her...
Via Vitaliano Brancati, 9, 90015 Cefalù PA, Italy
Enjoy your Pasta Alla Norma (one of the most traditional Sicilian pastas with tomatoes and roasted/fried eggplant) like the Sicilians -- straight from the eggplant itself! Find a gorgeous (and large!) eggplant in one of the many street markets in...
90015 Cefalù, Province of Palermo, Italy
With the abundance of Sicilian produce (think lemons, oranges, eggplant, tomatoes from Mt Etna) - it is no wonder that the early morning markets are overwhelmed with options. Grab your bags and head out early to get the best variety --- and make...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall