Collected by Peter Campisani
Via Etnea, 270, 95100 Catania CT, Italy
I keep coming back to Sicily for more. This time brings me to Catania, the more overlooked of the island's two large cities. Its unique charm and beauty merits an overnight visit for sure. Spinella, a local institution, attracts Catanians and...
Piazza Verdi, 90138 Palermo PA, Italy
by Fabrizia Lanza Palermo’s opera house, built in the 19th century and inspired by ancient Greek ruins in Sicily, is the largest in Italy and the third largest in Europe. You can catchRigoletto,La Traviata—I love all of Verdi and Puccini; I’m...
90027 Petralia Sottana, Province of Palermo, Italy
One of Sicily’s most historic producers of nero d’Avola, Feudo Montoni estate dates to the 16th century. Its Vrucara wine, made by 44-year-old winemaker Fabio Sireci, is considered one of the best expressions of the grape. This appeared in the May...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Air TravelMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania