Collected by J
98055 Vulcano Porto ME, Italy
Just off the coast of Sicily you'll find the archipelago of the Aeolian Islands noted for its volcanoes and rugged beauty. The islands can be reached by hydrofoil or ferry boat from Milazzo. Lipari is the largest of the islands, but is still only...
Piazza Europa, 3, 91023 Favignana TP, Italy
Located on a small butterfly shaped island off the West Coast of Sicily is Cas’almare. A small, stylish 5 room boutique hotel with what has to be the best location on the island of Favignana. The property overlooks ancient Roman queries and has...
C/da Torretta, 1129, 91018 Salemi TP, Italy
High in the mountains of Salemi, Siciy I'm at the Azienda Cucchiara, bursting with excitement in a group of breezy middle-aged men.They stand in small circles, comparing notes on Serie A or, in a particularly loud moment, the state of Italian...
Largo Castello, 91016 Erice TP, Italy
Wonderfully preserved castle, check. On a hilltop overlooking a lovely Sicilian town, check! Originally built on the Temple of Venus and dedicated to the arts of love...check!! If you checked all three, you would most likely be in Erice, at the...
97100 Ragusa, Province of Ragusa, Italy
We drove into Ragusa - Sicily in the late afternoon, walked the cobbled streets, devoured a locally made nougat gelato and on the drive back down from the old town were met with the beautiful sight of the traditional houses lit up by their...
via, Via Ducezio, 1, 96017 Noto SR, Italy
'The best gelato I have ever tasted' - a big statement but true. I've heard that the true test of an artisan gelato maker is their pistachio flavour and Pasticceria Mandolfiore in Noto did not disappoint. With pistachios and almonds from the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna