Collected by Jim Zurer
Piazza Zisa, 90135 Palermo PA, Italy
On Palermo's western side, the Zisa Castle was built in the 12th century by Arab craftsmen as a summer retreat for King William I of Sicily. It's now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with handsome windows overlooking the gardens. The main hall,...
Via E. Amari, 49, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
Sicily's renowned ceramicists create everything from simple, utilitarian pottery to ornate vases and sculptures. One of the best spots in Palermo for high-quality pieces is Ceramiche Tre Erre, where ceramics lovers can shop for reproductions of...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands