Sicilian Wine Tour East
Collected by Jesena
Via dei Mille, 4, 95030 San Pietro Clarenza CT, Italy
Sicilian vintner Arianna Occhipinti enrolled in RAGUSA winemaking school at the age of 18. Since then, the 32-year-old has gained notoriety for the natural wines she produces from her vineyards in Vittoria, on the southeastern tip of Sicily. Her...
90027 Petralia Sottana, Province of Palermo, Italy
One of Sicily’s most historic producers of nero d’Avola, Feudo Montoni estate dates to the 16th century. Its Vrucara wine, made by 44-year-old winemaker Fabio Sireci, is considered one of the best expressions of the grape. This appeared in the May...
92017 Sambuca di Sicilia, AG, Italy
Brothers Gunther and Klaus Di Giovanna oversee the vineyards their great-grandfather first planted in 1860. Tours are by appointment and include a tasting of the estate’s wine and olive oil. This appeared in the May 2014 issue.
SP79 Km 91, 92013 Contrada Passo di Gurra, Menfi AG, Italy
The cookbook author Judy Witt Francini offers weeklong culinary tours in Sicily that include cooking classes at this renowned winery. From $4,000 per person. This appeared in the May 2014 issue.
Contrada Regaleali, 90020 Sclafani Bagni PA, Italy
Regaleali is one of five estates run by the Tasca d’Almerita family. Call ahead to book a vineyard tour. Snacks such as estate-made ricotta accompany the wine tasting. Visitors can stay overnight in the estate’s baglio, a farm villa. Villa Tasca,...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local