Collected by Sara Melvin
No. 1, Xueshan Road, Heping District, Taichung City, Taiwan 424
I took this photo in Zhonglu, a Tibetan village far, far away from any cities or modern life, nestled in row of mountains. These houses are constructed of mud, and the 300 villagers live the same way as their ancestors did thousands of years ago....
Ximianqiao Alley, WuHouCi, Wuhou Qu, Chengdu Shi, Sichuan Sheng, China, 610041
The bustling capital city of Chengdu, Sichuan is known for it's huge variety of street food (often very spicy). I stumbled across this cheery vendor in a hectic market selling all sorts of cheap, colourful clothing. He was selling deep fried bread...
670 Jindong Rd, NiuShiKou, Jinjiang Qu, Chengdu Shi, Sichuan Sheng, China, 610066
Bai Jiu is a Chinese liquor that tastes strong of liquorice and is not very pleasant to drink. However, when I was traveling on the borders of Tibet, high in the mountains of Sichuan, I noticed all locals (even mothers) drinking this before bed....
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now