Collected by Sica Heleno
Sica Heleno′s Wishlist
Q.ta da Romaneira, 5070 Alijó, Portugal
Set amid terraced vineyards along the banks of the Douro River, the guest rooms at the Romaneira have no phones, TVs, or cell reception. Visitors spend their days hiking the 1,000-acre property, drinking the region’s famous port wines, and...
R. da Galeria de Paris 20, 4050-182 Porto, Portugal
Who said that traditional shopping is disappearing? More traditional than A Vida Portuguesa is hard to find and however it turns out to be cool selling old Portuguese items in a remarkably traditional downtown location. A Vida Portuguesa | Rua...
Rua do Padrão 100, 4150-557 Porto, Portugal
In the Foz district, a privileged district that attracts several innovative spots and a more urban clientele, there is a restaurant that shows the coolest side of Porto: Cafeína. Inside a restored house of the early twentieth century, you will...
Largo Infante Dom Henrique, 2440 Batalha, Portugal
One of the most popular side trips from Lisbon is Batalha. When most people say they went to Batalha they refer to the Battle Abbey of Santa Maria da Vitoria. This magnificent church with its convent, cloisters, and unfinished chapels is one of...
Av. 25 de Abril, 2750-642 Cascais, Portugal
This small indoor/outdoor shopping center is located on a bluff with gorgeous ocean views. There are shops in a historic building, kiosks, and outdoor restaurants underneath a lovely canopy of trees. Such a nice place to relax!
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 2Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 3Where to Go in FallEurope’s Most Overlooked Region Is Ready for Its Close-Up
- 4Cities We LoveTokyo’s Long Lines Lead to Magic (and Life-Changing Ramen)
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World