Show Me Missouri
Collected by Chris Ciolli, AFAR Local Expert
100 Madison St, Jefferson City, MO 65101, USA
Admire the Mansard slate roof from the street, then stroll across the expanse of green lawn and up the stairs through pink granite columns into the Missouri Governor's Mansion. Once inside, you can snap shots of beautifully painted 17-foot...
610 Madison St, Jefferson City, MO 65101, USA
Spring for a cone in your favorite flavor at this mid-Missouri institution. Originally founded in nearby Columbia, the Jefferson City location outlasted other stores and continues to serve locals' favorite shakes, sundaes, and cones at very...
115 Lafayette St, Jefferson City, MO 65101, USA
Sign up for a tour of one of America's biggest and bloodiest prisons. See the conditions prisoners lived in, and learn about prison politics, inmates' pets, and famous escapees like James Earl Ray, who rode out of the penitentiary undetected in a...
915 Eastland Dr, Jefferson City, MO 65101, USA
At El Espolon, it's easy to eat and drink on the cheap. The totopos, freshly fried tortilla chips--are complimentary, as is the red sauce. Add on some pico de gallo, green and brown sauces, plus guacamole and melted queso dip for good measure, and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos