Shopping Portland, Maine
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
1, Village Station, Freeport, ME 04033, USA
Laid out to feel more like a village than a parking lot surrounded by strip malls, the 140+ storefronts of the Freeport Outlets can magically engage the least enthusiastic shopper. L.L. Bean’s flagship is the anchor, of course, with an...
145 Commercial St, Portland, ME 04101, USA
Want a hand-thrown coffee mug with a whale tail for a handle? Of course you do. This gallery and shop in the Old Port showcases Maine-made functional pieces; art in ceramic, glass, metal and wood; and jewelry and stained-glass lighting fixtures....
157 Middle St, Portland, ME 04101, USA
This breezily eclectic shop aims to add color and high style to the brick-and-cobblestone palette of Portland’s Old Port. A curated selection of goods—clothing, hard-to-find magazines, tins of beard balm, birdhouses, brass anchor key rings,...
35 Exchange St, Portland, ME 04101, USA
This family-run shop manages to carry products from more than 450 Maine artists and businesses—from hot sauce and small-batch jams to candles and birdhouses and hand-knitted goods. Take home some Maine flavor with a red wooden lobster pull toy or...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos