Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
Via della Libertà, 20/B, 90141 Palermo PA, Italy
This long stretch of upscale shops north of Palermo's historic center has been called the Champs-Élysées of Sicily. If you're looking for the best spot to take a stroll while perusing luxury brands and fashion boutiques, the Via della Libertà is...
Piazza Papireto, 90134 Palermo PA, Italy
If you love the idea of treasure-hunting in a Sicilian flea market, head to the Pulci Market in Piazza del Papireto. It's open most weekdays, with vendors in roll-front stalls displaying an eclectic collection of antiques, trinkets, furniture and...
Via Bara All'Olivella, 72, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
Palermo's role as a backdrop to the Godfather movies is one of the city's claims to fame. The films helped popularize the local headwear, a flat cap called the coppola, as a Mafia accoutrement. La Coppola Storta offers an excellent selection of ...
Via E. Amari, 49, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
Sicily's renowned ceramicists create everything from simple, utilitarian pottery to ornate vases and sculptures. One of the best spots in Palermo for high-quality pieces is Ceramiche Tre Erre, where ceramics lovers can shop for reproductions of...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum