Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
Via della Libertà, 20/B, 90141 Palermo PA, Italy
This long stretch of upscale shops north of Palermo's historic center has been called the Champs-Élysées of Sicily. If you're looking for the best spot to take a stroll while perusing luxury brands and fashion boutiques, the Via della Libertà is...
Piazza Papireto, 90134 Palermo PA, Italy
If you love the idea of treasure-hunting in a Sicilian flea market, head to the Pulci Market in Piazza del Papireto. It's open most weekdays, with vendors in roll-front stalls displaying an eclectic collection of antiques, trinkets, furniture and...
Piazza Caracciolo, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
Palermo's oldest market has occupied the same spot in the heart of the old city for 700 years. The Vucciria Market is a hive of activity, with vendors hawking everything from fresh seafood and produce to tacky souvenirs. It's open every day but...
Via Bara All'Olivella, 72, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
Palermo's role as a backdrop to the Godfather movies is one of the city's claims to fame. The films helped popularize the local headwear, a flat cap called the coppola, as a Mafia accoutrement. La Coppola Storta offers an excellent selection of ...
Via E. Amari, 49, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
Sicily's renowned ceramicists create everything from simple, utilitarian pottery to ornate vases and sculptures. One of the best spots in Palermo for high-quality pieces is Ceramiche Tre Erre, where ceramics lovers can shop for reproductions of...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter