Collected by edward readicker-henderson, AFAR Local Expert
10 RUE JULES GARNIER Noumea NC 98800, 10 Rue Jules Garnier, Nouméa, New Caledonia
Port Plaisance Shopping Center (Galerie Commerciale de Port Plaisance) has whatever you need or forgot to pack. In addition to offering gifts and necessities, it makes a nice shady spot to sit and people-watch after a day of walking all over town....
51 Rue Georges Clemenceau, Noumea, New Caledonia
News flash: Bananas come in more than one flavor. Star fruit tastes like nothing else but star fruit. Come to the city market (also called Marché de Baie de la Moselle) and discover some flavors the stores back home can never import. This is also...
48 Rue Anatole France, Noumea, New Caledonia
Alas, French Polynesia sometimes forgets the Polynesia part of its identity, which makes it hard to find truly local items. Teeprint Boutique is the place to go to buy all those requisite T-shirts, in New Caledonian style, that people back home...
Long before the French arrived, local artisans pretty much perfected carving as an art form, somehow blending straight lines and curves. L'Association des Sculpteurs de Nouvelle-Calédonie (locations on Rue Gouverneur Sautot and Rue Anatole France)...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos