Collected by edward readicker-henderson, AFAR Local Expert
10 RUE JULES GARNIER Noumea NC 98800, 10 Rue Jules Garnier, Nouméa, New Caledonia
Port Plaisance Shopping Center (Galerie Commerciale de Port Plaisance) has whatever you need or forgot to pack. In addition to offering gifts and necessities, it makes a nice shady spot to sit and people-watch after a day of walking all over town....
51 Rue Georges Clemenceau, Noumea, New Caledonia
News flash: Bananas come in more than one flavor. Star fruit tastes like nothing else but star fruit. Come to the city market (also called Marché de Baie de la Moselle) and discover some flavors the stores back home can never import. This is also...
48 Rue Anatole France, Noumea, New Caledonia
Alas, French Polynesia sometimes forgets the Polynesia part of its identity, which makes it hard to find truly local items. Teeprint Boutique is the place to go to buy all those requisite T-shirts, in New Caledonian style, that people back home...
Long before the French arrived, local artisans pretty much perfected carving as an art form, somehow blending straight lines and curves. L'Association des Sculpteurs de Nouvelle-Calédonie (locations on Rue Gouverneur Sautot and Rue Anatole France)...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna