Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
07701 Mahón, Balearic Islands, Spain
In the summer, when ships pull into Mahón, the Baixamar Plaza near the port fills with vendors, many of them lingering well into the evening. You'll find all manner of handmade items for sale—jewelry, leather goods, toys and souvenirs. And when...
S'Arraval, 4, 07701 Maó-Mahón, Islas Baleares, Spain
Look for a life-size black horse's head mounted on a wall to find the entrance to Armería Escudero, a traditional shop just steps away from the Arc de Sant Roc (Mahón's medieval gate). A local institution, it has been run by the same family and in...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now