Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
07701 Mahón, Balearic Islands, Spain
In the summer, when ships pull into Mahón, the Baixamar Plaza near the port fills with vendors, many of them lingering well into the evening. You'll find all manner of handmade items for sale—jewelry, leather goods, toys and souvenirs. And when...
S'Arraval, 4, 6, 07701 Maó-Mahón, Islas Baleares, Spain
Look for a life-size black horse's head mounted on a wall to find the entrance to Armería Escudero, a traditional shop just steps away from the Arc de Sant Roc (Mahón's medieval gate). A local institution, it has been run by the same family and in...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now