Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
151 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Four generations of the Tripp family, descended from the Deisheetaan Clan of the Tlingit Nation, have cultivated close relationships with local artists and crafts people. Their shop (and online store) sells everything from baskets, jewelry,...
PO Box 35762, Downtown Juneau, AK 99803, USA
As glaciers slide across the ground, they grind the earth into super fine silt. The makers of Glacier Smoothie Soap use this mineral-rich silt to infuse their soaps with skin-softening properties. The shop is located near the cruise dock, and the...
244 Front St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
For more than two decades, Annie Kaill’s has been a hub for Alaskan artisans in Juneau. The shop sits at the corner of Seward and Front streets, and it carries everything from handmade pottery and glassware to locally made jewelry and paintings...
105 S Seward St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
The Sealaska Heritage Store is located at the Sealaska Heritage Institute, which works to build awareness for the native Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian cultures. The store offers a unique collection of Native Alaskan gifts and art, including...
174 S Franklin St # 201, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
For a truly unique souvenir or gift, stop into William Spear Design on South Franklin Street, which sells handmade enameled pins and zipper pulls. These intricately designed pieces come in many forms, from birds and salmon to sailboats, whiskey...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019