Shopping in Venice
Collected by Gretchen Kelly , AFAR Local Expert
Calle Fuseri, 4365, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
It has been said that when Daniel Day Lewis decided to learn to be a shoemaker (yes, he did do that), he learned his craft with this Venetian master. Walk in and you'll enter an old-fashioned cobbler's shop with incredible footwear everywhere you...
Calle Longa S. Maria Formosa, 5176/b, 30122 Castello, Venezia VE, Italy
Acqua Alta is a browser's heaven with its books, maps and posters stacked from floor to ceiling, and even in a gondola. The chaotic organization is part of what makes the bookshop memorable; however I had no trouble finding materials on the...
805, 30133 Venezia VE, Italy
Fortuny fabrics, with their iridescent, waterlike shimmer, were born here in Venice at the Giudecca factory. You can't visit the factory (trade secrets, you know) but the Fortuny showroom is open to the public. Along with fabrics for sale, you can...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico