Shopping in Venice
Collected by Gretchen Kelly , AFAR Local Expert
Calle Fuseri, 4365, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
It has been said that when Daniel Day Lewis decided to learn to be a shoemaker (yes, he did do that), he learned his craft with this Venetian master. Walk in and you'll enter an old-fashioned cobbler's shop with incredible footwear everywhere you...
Calle Longa S. Maria Formosa, 5176/b, 30122 Castello, Venezia VE, Italy
Wonderful little bookstores are scattered all over Venice and Libraria Acqua Alta (Bookstore of High Water) is one of these hidden gems. Named and themed around the fact that Venice's floods are a peril to books, all of the store's stock is placed...
805, 30133 Venezia VE, Italy
Fortuny fabrics, with their iridescent, waterlike shimmer, were born here in Venice at the Giudecca factory. You can't visit the factory (trade secrets, you know) but the Fortuny showroom is open to the public. Along with fabrics for sale, you can...
- 1 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 3 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You'll Have to Quarantine If You're From These 38 States
- 4 Tips + News You Can Now Travel to Hawaii Without a Quarantine—Here’s What You Need to Know
- 5 Tips + News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?