Shopping in Valletta
Collected by David Nikel, AFAR Local Expert
219 Republic St, Valletta, Malta
Here is a rare opportunity to see traditional Maltese silversmiths at work. Get tips on how to look after and clean your filigree ornament from the very people who make them. This family business offers reasonably priced alternatives to the...
65 San Duminku, Tas-Sliema, Malta
A one-of-a-kind shop on Malta, the Soap Café makes and sells fresh lotions, balms and soaps. The delicate ingredients and specially formulated products make perfect gifts for those with sensitive skin, including pregnant women and newborn babies....
Long Hut One, Ħ'Attard,, Ħ'Attard, Malta
Located in the Ta Qali Crafts Village near Mdina, Valletta Glass runs a workshop producing custom designed glassware and two retail outlets. Watch glassblowers at work before picking up your own souvenir bowl, plate, vase, candleholder or animal...
146 Merchants St, Valletta, Malta
Stalls at this busy morning street market sell traditional Maltese crafts alongside bargain clothing, jewelry and other gifts. The gift shops remain open even when the market is closed, so Merchants Street is worth a look on your way to St. John's...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna