Shopping in Valencia
Collected by Paul Richardson
Plaça del Mercat, 33, 46001 València, Valencia, Spain
If your first stop in Valencia’s old town is the Cathedral, your second should be the Mercat Central, a cathedral of food that vies with Barcelona’s Boqueria for the title of best market in Spain. The Central Market is an Art Nouveau treasure of...
9, Carrer del Poeta Querol, 46002 València, Valencia, Spain
Famous for its exquisite hand-crafted porcelain figurines, Lladró is a family business founded in 1953 by three brothers: Juan, José and Vicente. The company’s flagship store offers the full range of its artisan pieces, all made at Ciudad de la...
Carrer de Castelló, 21, 46004 Valencia, Spain
If you can’t stand the heat, get yourself to Abanicos Carbonell, where the same family (now headed up by fourth-generation Guillermo Carbonell) has been making Spanish fans (abanicos) since 1810. The charming little shop, a neighborhood classic,...
Carrer de Sueca, 15, 46006 València, Valencia, Spain
When Bob Dylan sang about “boots of Spanish leather,” he might have been referring to Sendra. The century-old company prides itself on the comfort and craftsmanship of its beautiful American-style boots. One of two stores in Valencia, the Russafa...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles