Shopping in Torshavn
Collected by Paul Sullivan, AFAR Local Expert
Öström, 18 Skálatrøð, Thorshavn 100, Faroe Islands
Located conveniently close to Tórshavn Harbor, this relaxed and handsome multipurpose space—set inside a former factory—encompasses a shop selling high-end Faroese art and design products, a working space and a café that serves tasty Danish-style...
Niels Finsensgøta 13, Tórshavn 100, Faroe Islands
This hip fashion store specializes in knitwear that’s both traditional and chic. Everything here is hand-produced, and many of the designs—which are created for men, women and kids—are clever updates of traditional designs. Items like sweaters,...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos