Shopping in Tauranga (Rotorua)
Collected by Erin Levi
1148 Pukuatua St, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
A historic and iconic bookshop since 1944 (when it took over the previous store, A.T. Coates Ltd., which opened in 1896), McLeods Booksellers is a delightful find for a bookworm on the road. It boasts a fantastic range of categories like steampunk...
1178 Eruera St, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Inspired by indigenous art and culture, award-winning local designer Adrienne Whitewood (a member of the Rongowhakaata tribe of Maori) opened Ahu Boutique in 2013. From here, she sells her unique clothing for men and women, as well as a selection...
17th Ave, Tauranga South, Tauranga 3112, New Zealand
Wander across the cobblestones that pave the charming Historic Village on 17th. The village is a collection of both original and replica buildings from Tauranga's early days. Set among beautiful gardens and natural bush, the village, open daily,...
Te Puke, New Zealand
As the center of a very active (and smelly) thermal environment, Rotorua is the source of some incredible beauty products made from silky thermal mud. Other local boons for beauty include items that use kiwifruit, since nearby Te Puke calls itself...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights