Shopping in St. Petersburg
Collected by Marc Perrotta , AFAR Contributor
St Petersburg, Russia, 197341
Locals call it the ‘Udelka’, and everyone refers to it as one of the largest flea markets in the world. It’s an amazing array of goods, the selection of antiques and Soviet-era collectibles can seem overwhelming, and bargaining is necessary. Go...
Dumskaya Ulitsa, 4, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191011
This arcade houses a great combination of local and international shops, such as arts-and-crafts vendors and an Apple Store. But it’s the Soviet-era memorabilia that charm both locals and visitors who go looking for small busts of Lenin and...
Nevsky avenue, 35, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
A historic department store and arcade, the Bolshoy Gostiny Dvor is a prime example of St. Petersburg’s 18th-century neoclassical design, as well as the Russian tradition of featuring a primary department store (Gostiny Dvor) in each major city....
Nevsky avenue, 153, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 193167
What began as a small fashion boutique has now grown to three floors of shopping, offering over 50 of the world’s top designers. Babochka still retains the feeling of a boutique, with most brand showrooms separated into smaller, elegant...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019